Connect with us

BOXING

Dela Hoya shows off his flesh at 48

Published

on

Dela Hoya shows off his flesh at 48

“The weight limit is 185, but I’m going to come in at 175, strong like an ox,” De La Hoya said. “I’m at 180
right now.
Oscar Dela Hoya begins to unleash his body to the pres media. He brags his good health condition at 48
years old. He removes his t-shirt every a cameraman ask it.
De La Hoya (39-6 Boxing), an Olympic gold medalist, hasn’t competed professionally since 2008 and
never competed at a weight higher than 160 pounds, though the majority of his biggest wins came at
147 pounds or below.
Dela Hoya plans to bout in an exhibition fight with Belfort (26-14 MMA) won a UFC title at 205 pounds
He did has a career at 185 pounds, including his most recent appearance at UFC 224 in May 2018.
“I’m the underdog because the bettors don’t believe in me, but I finally put the train back on the rails,”
De La Hoya said. “I’m not a betting man or a gambler, but I would put a lot of money on me. I’m going to
surprise people on how I do it. I’ve been training smart. I’ve been very motivated in training since we
opened camp.”
As of this writing, Dela Hoya continues to show off his body vs UFC champion Vitor Belfort, originally
planned as a boxing exhibition, now will be a sanctioned fight, Triller Fight Club on September 11, 2021.
Does his body enough to win? We will see.

Christian Lopez is one of our best writers in the team. His love for sports made him more realistic and efficient in sports coverage. His gears and tools in crafting sports news are based on what he sees and backed with in-depth research or facts. His versatility in writing and in photojournalism assures that the articles he writes are indeed FACTUAL.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bombo Radyo

Pacquiao commends Magsayo for winning another boxing world title for the Philippines

Published

on

Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao took to social media his congratulatory message to his
protege Mark “Magnifico” Magsayo after winning the WBC Featherweight World Title
against the longest reigning owner of the belt, Gary Russell Jr.
He wrote: “Congratulations, @markmagsayo_MMM, on your first world championship!
Thank you for bringing honor to our country by becoming the latest Filipino world boxing
champion. Welcome to the club.
Magsayo is the 45th Filipino to win a world boxing title and is the fifth Pinoy boxer who
is actively owning a title.
Before his fight, Pacquiao already paid a virtual call to Magsayo to check up on his
training as the latter is also under Pacquiao’s MP Promotions.
Magsayo joined Nonito Donaire, John Riel Casimero, Jerwin Ancajas and Rene Mark
Cuarto as Filipino active world champions.

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

Canelo Alvarez road to UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION (PART 2)

Published

on

After taking Smith’s belt, Canelo continue to hunt order championship belts and he
wanted it fast. He was a man on a mission on 2021 having fought three boxers and
concluding it by being the undisputed super middleweight champion.
On January 20, 2021, it was announced that Avarez would defend his belts on February
27 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, against WBC mandatory
challenger Avni Yildirim. Many saw Yildirim, who had not been in the ring since losing a
technical split decision to Anthony Dirrell two years before in February 2019, as grossly
outmatched. Due to the contentious nature of his loss to Dirrell, Yildirim had been
named to the obligatory post, but he had stayed inactive due to injury and the COVID-
19 pandemic.
Avarez, who was forced to battle Yildirim despite being heavily favored, dismissed the
critics, stating, “I really don’t have to provide any explanation because they’re never
going to be satisfied with anything… He [Yildirim] has a lot of courage. He can be
dangerous at any time because he is a strong fighter.”
In a one-sided fight, Álvarez defeated Yıldırım by third-round corner retirement after
Yıldırım’s corner threw in the towel at the end of the third round. According to
CompuBox stats, Álvarez outlanded Yıldırım 67 (40%) to 11 (11%) in total punches and
58 (59%) to 4 (22%) in power punches. In the third round, Álvarez threw 53 power
punches, Álvarez later stated that he had contracted COVID-19 prior to the fight and
only had one month to train.
After Álvarez’s successful defense against  Avni Yıldırım , promoter Eddie
Hearn confirmed Álvarez would be facing WBO titleholder and undefeated two-weight
world champion Billy Joe Saunders in a unification bout on May 8 at the AT&T
Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
In front of a record breaking crowd of 73,126 for boxing attendance at an indoor facility
in the United States, Álvarez won via eighth-round corner retirement when Saunders’
team threw in the towel due to Saunders having suffered a fractured orbital bone as a
result of an uppercut landed by Álvarez. At the time of the stoppage, Álvarez was
winning on the scorecards 78–74 (twice) and 77–75.Throughout the fight, Álvarez
outlanded Saunders 73 to 60 in total punches and landed 53% of his power punches.
After months of negotiations, Álvarez announced on his social media on 19 August
2021 that he would be facing undefeated IBF champion Caleb Plant on 6 November at
the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, in an undisputed showdown for all four
major world titles in the super middleweight division, with the winner set to become the
first ever undisputed champion at that weight class. On 21 September 2021, the two
fighters were engaged in a brief onstage scuffle during their first press conference, in
which Álvarez initiated physical contact during their face-off when he shoved Plant.
Álvarez stated that he had done this because he took offense to Plant’s use of the word
“motherfucker”, interpreting it as an insult to his mother. 
On fight night, Álvarez won the bout via eleventh-round technical knockout. He had
knocked his opponent to the canvas with a left hook right uppercut combination in the
penultimate round, before closing in to drop Plant again, prompting referee Russell
Mora to call off the bout. At the time of the stoppage, Álvarez was ahead on the
scorecards with 98–92, 96–94, and 97–93. With this win, he became only the sixth
fighter to unify all belts in one division in the four-belt era.

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

UFC champ wants to face boxing king

Published

on

UFC champ wants to face boxing king

UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou would rather fight boxing’s heavyweight
champion Tyson Fury than the much-anticipated MMA bout with Jon Jones.
After several failure to secure the mega-fight with Jones, the Predator made it clear that
he will jump over to boxing after his title defense to Ciryl Gane.
“If you give me the two options, I would choose fighting Tyson Fury,” the UFC champ
said in an article published by the daily mail.
“After fighting Stipe [Miocic], the Jon Jones fight was on the table but it seems like
nobody really cares about it [now].”
“So I don’t know, and also we don’t even know what the position is of Jon Jones right
now. You are talking about Jon Jones, have you heard about Jon Jones [recently]?
Know when he is fighting? So I’m not planning my life around that. I am planning my life
around the facts.’

Continue Reading
Advertisement

JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT INFLUENCE ONLINE AND ON-AIR – Backed by a successful and effective campaign in social media platforms and websites our online presence has seen significant improvement in such short time. Apart from this, aggressive marketing and people-to-people strategies have resulted in us having the vote of confidence from over 300 radio stations, while our partners from the press are gradually following suit. Among of those radio stations, newspapers, and other media that distribute its contents are BOMBO RADYO Philippines, Manila Standard, Spin.ph, Philboxing, and many more! Its partners nationwide and even worldwide made JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT a global influencer that gives breaking news to its million of followers in all media platforms combined!

Owned by Ponciano Melo Jr who is also the Editor in Chief of this online media sports news portal, JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT brags its notable achievements in covering exclusive events in United States of America.

His wife Precilyn Silvestre Melo is also part of this online media as an EDITOR.

Advertisement

Prev 1 of 60 Next
Prev 1 of 60 Next

Featured