Connect with us

BOXING

Dela Hoya too serious to beat MMA fighter Belfort

Published

on

Delahoya vs Belfort

‘We’re going to kick the sh*t out of each other’ – says Oscar Dela Hoya on fighting the MMA fighter Vitor Belfort.

The 48 years old Dela Hoya is too serious in beating Vitor Belfort on September 2021.

The now 48-year-old Dela Hoya is to clash with ex-UFC champion Vitor Belfort as part of the upcoming Triller Fight Club event on Sept. 11 2021.

This is supposed to be an exhibition fight.

However, in an interview by fighthype to Dela Hoya, he mentioned that he is just doing it for himself. Hence it is just for fun for him.

“This is not a game,” De La Hoya said. “We don’t play boxing. We don’t play UFC. We don’t play MMA. I literally said if we’re going to do this, let’s do it for real. Let’s not do this song and dance. Let’s not do these exhibitions that we’re tired of. This is the real thing. The fact that Belfort feels great. Look at him. I feel amazing. I feel literally better than ever. The fact that we both agree that it’s going to be a real fight. It’s going to be a lot of fun. I have no sh*t to talk about Belfort whatsoever. I respect you, brother, like there’s no tomorrow.

“But I’ll tell you one thing — we’re going to kick the sh*t out of each other. That’s one thing for sure. That’s what I’m actually looking forward to. Call me crazy but I’m looking forward to it. I miss that getting hit. For some strange reason, I miss getting hit so come Sept. 11, it’s going to be a lot of fun.” – Dela Hoya cited in MMA Junkie.

Who is John Melo? | John Melo is a recording artist with a heartfelt voice. Literally, his baritone voice is too unique that was influenced by his idols. He is also multi awarded in Awit Awards. Most noticeably is his Best New Male Performance award in the 1993 Awit Awards. However, he did not concentrated in music alone because he expanded his brand into businesses in California plus a blogger and U.S. Correspondent. He ventured in the world of social media with his JMelo Sports, News and Entertainment YouTube Channel that are now close to reaching 50,000 subscribers. Melo is a hard-core fan of boxing in which he is also an international correspondent in the Philippines. He is using this platform to deliver updated news on boxing and even in the NBA. He even have his own sports website, John Melo Sports News. He experienced first-hand coverage on big events like the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II, Canelo Alvarez-Sergey Kovalev mega-fight and all Manny Pacquiao fights.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BOXING

“Tank” Davis retains WBA lightweight after UD win over Cruz

Published

on

“Tank” Davis retains WBA lightweight after UD win over Cruz

Gervonta “Tank” Davis may have fought his hardest fight so far in his boxing career but
he still stood out as the best.
He won over Mexican Isaac Cruz via unanimous decision to remain the WBA world
lightweight champion.
All three judges scored the fight, 116-112, 115-113, 115-113, all in favor of Davis.
It was the first time Davis went through the full rounds in his professional career.
However, he revealed that the reason for it was he injured his left hand midway through
the main event fight.
“I hurt my left hand in probably the sixth round but I got through it. It’s shaking but it is
what it is, that’s what comes with the spo of the head. I messed it up.
“I felt that as the fight was going on and on, he was breaking down, but I hurt my hand
so I couldn’t get him out of there,” Davis said on the post-fight press conference.
Floyd Mayweather Jr., his mentor, was also present to watch the fight.

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

Unfitting champion? Teofimo Lopez loses self after UD defeat vs. George Kambosos Jr

Published

on

Unfitting champion? Teofimo Lopez loses self after UD defeat vs. George Kambosos Jr

Continue Reading

Bombo Radyo

Is Jake Paul-Nate Diaz the next big match in boxing?

Published

on

Is Jake Paul-Nate Diaz the next big match in boxing?

Continue Reading
Advertisement

JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT INFLUENCE ONLINE AND ON-AIR – Backed by a successful and effective campaign in social media platforms and websites our online presence has seen significant improvement in such short time. Apart from this, aggressive marketing and people-to-people strategies have resulted in us having the vote of confidence from over 300 radio stations, while our partners from the press are gradually following suit. Among of those radio stations, newspapers, and other media that distribute its contents are BOMBO RADYO Philippines, Manila Standard, Spin.ph, Philboxing, and many more! Its partners nationwide and even worldwide made JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT a global influencer that gives breaking news to its million of followers in all media platforms combined!

Owned by Ponciano Melo Jr who is also the Editor in Chief of this online media sports news portal, JMELO SPORTS NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT brags its notable achievements in covering exclusive events in United States of America.

His wife Precilyn Silvestre Melo is also part of this online media as an EDITOR.

Advertisement

Prev 1 of 59 Next
Prev 1 of 59 Next

Featured